Wednesday, September 1, 2010

President Obama End Combat in Iraq

 After 7 years, 4,400 soliders lost & another 30,000 plus wounded President Obama has made good on a promise he made before being elected. He said throughout his campaign for the Democratic Nomination & during his eventual campaign for Presidency that he would bring home the troops. I wasn't sure how long it would take for it to happen but 2 years into his first term and he is already delivering on what seemed to be an impossible task. When I first heard the news I felt so damn good inside. I like many others have several members of my family & some friends who are in the Armed Forces and are actively fighting in Iraq or other countries around the globe. It feels good to know they will be coming home! From what I have read (because I missed the official announcement) that over the course of the rest of this year & all of 2011 troops will slowly be sent home. Ending the United States longest war in history. 

I just want to thank all the men & women who fight for our country I don't completely understand what you do but I respect & greatly appreciate your sacrifice. THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment